This Ward 8 Health Pop-Ups are back again, rolling out from a partnership between Ward 8 Councilmember Trayon White, Sr. (D) and the Ward 8 Health Council.
The Ward 8 Health Pop-Ups are in-person community health fairs activating in various neighborhoods across Ward 8. Participating providers will offer a variety of services to include but not limited to:
- Blood pressure checks
- Fresh produce pick-up
- Mental health services and resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Ambassadors
- Colon Screening Take-Home Kits
- Nutrition Education and more!
This year’s Ward 8 Health Pop-Ups are a part of Councilmember Trayon White’s #40DaysofPeace initiative to mitigate the violence plaguing the ward. They take place at the following dates and places:
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, July 14 | Sixth Street | 601 Chesapeake St. SE
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Thursday, July 15 | Horton’s Kids Community Rescue Center | 2424 Elvans Rd. SE
- 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Friday, July 16 | 22nd Street | 3521 22nd St. SE
- 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Frederick Douglass Community Building (rear lot) | 2000 Alabama Ave. SE
The partners are sending a call for additional providers to join in until the end of July to activate health services in Ward 8.
For more information, contact White’s office directly at 202-724-8045.